Iowa Academy Legislative Day 2020
Time & Location
About the Event
Iowa Academy Legislative Day
Tuesday Feb 25, 2020
Ola Babcock Miller Building/State Library
Des Moines, Iowa
- 8:30-9 am: Welcome and Continental Breakfast
- 9 am: Health Impacts of Food Insecurity - Lyndi Buckingham-Schutt, PhD, RDN, LD. Associate Director of Nutrition and Wellness Policy at the Harkin Institute
- 9:30 am: Iowa Academy Lobbyist - Fitzgerald, Smith & Associates
- 10:30 am: The Role of State and Federal Nutrition Programs in Improving Health and Well-being by IDPH RDNs - Alex Bauman, RD, LDN, Doris Montgomery, MS, RD, LD, Kala Shipley, RD, LD
- 11 am: Advocating for the Future: What I should know about the future of licensure and telemarketing and becoming a recognized provider for Iowa Medicaid - Pat Hildebrand, MS, RD, LD
- 12 pm: Working Lunch Well Kids Coalition 5-2-1-0
- 1 pm: Meet with Legislators at the Capitol Building to discuss priorities Walk across the street to the Capitol Building; meet/call out State Senators and State Representatives based on address. Dress warm!
- 3 pm: Meet back in Ola Babcock Miller/State Library Discuss replies/questions/concerns from legislators. Make sure you get a card for your legislators and f/u with a thank you.
- 4 pm: Adjourn Thank you!
Receive 6 CEU's for attending.
Please schedule a pre-arranged appointment with your state legislator or state senator between 1-2:30 pm for the district you live in. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, you are also welcome to “call out” your representative. We will show you how to do this. Please follow this link to find your legislators: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find.
If there are weather related cancelations, we will notify you by 4 pm on the day before the event. If you have any questions, please contact Tina Bauermeister at email@example.com, or call Tina at 712-330-6713.
Please follow this link to find your legislators. https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find
- Legislative Day Registration$0$00$0