Iowa Academy Legislative Day 2019
Time & Location
About the Event
Identifying Opportunities and Partnerships in Dietetics
Iowa Academy Legislative Day
Wednesday April 17, 2019
Jessie Parker Building; Grant Room
Des Moines, Iowa
- 8:30-9:15 Registration, Continental Breakfast, and Welcome
- 9:15-10 Legislator Talking Points
- 10-11 Legislation that Affects Childhood Health
- 11-12 Food Insecurity and Access to Affordable Food
- 12-1 Working Lunch and Break-Out Sessions
- 1-2:30 Meet with Legislators at the Capitol Building*
- 2:30 Rejoin at Jessie Parker Building. Discuss PPW scholarships, STAR Project, and other Academy updates.
- 4:00 adjourn
Receive 6 CEU's for attending.
Please schedule a pre-arranged appointment with your state legislator or state senator between 1-2:30 pm for the
district you live in. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, you are also welcome to “call out” your
representative. We will show you how to do this. Please follow this link to find your legislators:
If there are weather related cancelations, we will notify you by 4 pm on the day before the event. If you have any
questions, please contact Tina Bauermeister at email@example.com, or call Tina at 712-330-6713.
*Please schedule a pre-arranged appt with your state legislator or state senator for the district you live in during the designated time on the agenda ie: 1-2:30 pm. If you are unable to schedule an appt, you will be designated to a group led by another IAND member. You are also welcome to “call out” your representative if you do not have an appt.
Please follow this link to find your legislators. https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find
- Legislative Day Registration$0$00$0