Mon, Oct 23|
“Charting the Course: A Panel Discussion on Navigating Dietitian Licensure Advocacy Across States”
Iowa Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Public Policy team is excited to team up with other Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy) state affiliates (North Carolina, Missouri, and Idaho) to host a free virtual webinar.
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2023, 12:00 PM – 1:20 PM CDT
About the Event
Join our panel speakers as we hear about the real-time perspectives and experiences related to dietetics licensure advocacy across Iowa, North Carolina, Missouri, and Idaho. During this webinar, we aim to:
- Increase understanding of the importance of licensure in the dietetics profession and the status of licensure across various Academy state affiliates
- Learn skills and strategies around licensure advocacy and speaking with legislators
- Brainstorm with dietetics professionals across different states on best practices for advocating for licensure.
The panel will be joined by national-level Academy staff Lisa Eaton Wright, MS, RDN, LDN, Director of Consumer Protection and Licensure, and Charla Burill, JD, RDN, Senior Director of State Legislative and Government Affairs, who will speak about the Model Practice Act and how to partner with the Academy on state licensure issues.
Our panel speakers include:
- Catherine (Cat) Rudolph, MS, RD (moderator) (Iowa)
- Tina Bauermeister, MS, RDN, LD, CDCES (Iowa)
- Manju Karkare, MS, RDN, LDN, CLT, FAND (North Carolina)
- Connie Diekman, M.Ed, RD, LD, FADA, FAND (Missouri)
- Kyli Gough, RDN, LD (Idaho)
Non-Academy and community members are encouraged and welcome to attend at no cost.
Join us live for this event or plan to watch the recording after the event.
There is 1 CEU credit 1 CEU credit approved for CDR credentialed practitioners.
We hope to see you there!