An Inside Look at the Hispanic Pork Consumer
Presenter: Jose de Jesus Director, Multicultural Marketing National Pork Board
Level 2 l Learning Needs Codes 1040, 1060, 9020
1. A better understanding of the Hispanic pork consumer.
2. How health and safety concerns impact this growing demographic.
3. An understanding of the emotional relationship Hispanics have with pork and the role it plays in this culture.
U.S. Hispanic Health and Purchasing Behavior: Current Trends Relevant to RDN's
Presenter: Sylvia Klinger DBA, MS, RDN Founder and Owner Hispanic Food Communications
Level 2 l Learning Needs Codes 1040, 6010, 8015, 2020
1. Attendees will be provided with knowledge of the differences between Latino culture and traditions affecting food choices in America.
2. Attendees will be able to identify differences in food-centered cultural traditions of the most common Latino cultures in America.
3. Attendees will be able to identify Latin American traditional ingredients and dishes. This session will explore innovative strategies for working with U.S. Hispanics, which will help dietitians counsel their Hispanic clients more effectively through a better understanding of Hispanic culture, family dynamics and foods.
Session Sponsored by the National Pork Board and Iowa Pork Producers Association