Posted Date: 7/20/22
• Provides nutrition education as ordered or needed to hospital in-patients, family members, members of the healthcare team, to cardiac rehabilitation patients, pulmonary rehabilitation participants, hospital outpatients, and/or community members.
• Performs nutritional screenings and assessments on hospital in-patients taking into consideration the varied needs of age-specific populations as well as cultural, religious and ethnic concerns. Develops nutritional care plans for those hospital in-patients to be determined to be at risk.
• Accurately documents all patient assessments, consults, interventions and follow up as appropriate in the electronic medical record.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients, as well as the general patient population.
• Formulates teaching plans based on identified learning needs of each patient and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Patient’s family is included in teaching as appropriate.
• Responsible to calculate and prescribe tube feeding and parenteral nutrition orders.
• Maintain high standards of nutritional care with the assistance of the dietary manager, diet clerk and dietary staff.
• Provides immediate care to patients with time sensitive needs.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary team (i.e. nursing, pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, utilization review, social services, the patient, family of patient, etc.) to plan and implement patient plan of care as necessary in meeting the nutritional needs of patients. • Maintains pertinent patient data as necessary to recommend, prescribe or modify therapeutic diets as needed to meet the nutritional needs of each patient.
• Supervises general maintenance of the patients’ therapeutic diet orders. Keep patient diet information up to date and communicates need for therapeutic diet preparations to other staff as needed. Keeps inpatient menus updated.
• Responsible for selection of appropriate and adequate supplements and formulas. Orders supplements from pharmacy.
• Collaborates with Dietary Manager to provide training programs and competencies for Nutrition Services staff.
• Maintain high standards of nutritional care with the assistance of the Dietary Manager, Diet Clerk and Dietary staff.
• Reviews and validates approved practice, policies, and procedures on a yearly basis. The Dietary Manager will work in collaboration in reviewing, updating and validating the policies and procedures yearly.
• Collaborates with the Dietary Manager to develop and maintain nutrition services fiscal budget.
• Responsible for keeping the Nutrition Care Manual current and available.
• Maintains medical staff approval of the Nutrition Care Manual Policy, as well as the Peripheral Nutrition and Tube Feeding Protocols on a yearly basis.
• Maintains a clean, safe, sanitary and organized department.
• Determines areas of needed development and stays current with Professional Development Portfolio for the Commission on Dietetic Registration and the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• Serve as a resource for physicians, staff and the community.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, logbooks and their proper usage.
• Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned to effectively meet the needs of the patients, the department, and the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics required; Master’s Degree preferred.
• Credentialed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian. • Certified as a Dietitian to practice in the state of Wisconsin.
• Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office).
• EPIC system experience preferred.
• Previous healthcare experience preferred.
• Must be able to act and work independently as well as a member of a team.
• Supervisory and/or program management experience preferred.
Stacy Martin 608-723-3211 or firstname.lastname@example.org