Consulting Dietitian for LTC with Health Technologies
Typical Services during consultations include:
1. Routine initial and readmission nutritional assessments with development of a nutrition care plan in conjunction with the Interdisciplinary team.
2. Monthly monitoring of at risk residents including those with weight loss (significant and insidious), pressure ulcers, tube feedings, new order for renal dialysis, thickened liquids or new entry into hospice care.
3. Ongoing monitoring of nutritional care program such as monitoring use of supplements, snacks and recommendations to improve nutritional care programs.
4. Kitchen inspection for oversight of adherence to sanitation rules and regulations at the local, state and federal level. Recommended to be done at least monthly.
5. Meal Service monitoring and Dining room rounds to insure quality meal service programs and adherence to all state and federal regulations. Recommended to be done monthly.
6. Menu review and assistance with revisions as necessary to meet preferences of residents.
7. In-service education on at least a quarterly basis.
8. Additional services as requested such as support in recommendations to improve the food service system, budget controls, ordering practices or development of policies and procedures.
9. Provide a written report with recommendations at the end of each scheduled consultation.
10. Provide services at a time mutually agreeable to the Consultant and Facility but during normal business hours to promote communication with the management team.
The locations are for Muscatine, Toleno, Clinton and Iowa.
Must have Iowa Licensure and CDR and prefer 2 years of LTC and Clinical experience.
Please email resume to: KFremont@ht-ss.com or send email for additional information. In the message please indicate which location(s) of interest.
Clinician Position in Nutrition and Dietetics
The Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN) seeks applicants for a 9-month, full time, non-tenure eligible Clinician position in nutrition and dietetics to assist in teaching undergraduate courses in medical nutrition therapy and nutritional assessment including development of case studies. Opportunities to use innovative teaching methods, advise undergraduate dietetics students and contribute to other courses will be possible. Collaboration with the ISU Dietetic Internship program will be expected.
FSHN is a comprehensive academic program with 33 tenure-track faculty and 612 undergraduate majors in dietetics, nutritional science, food science, and culinary science. Our graduate programs include MS and PhD options in both Nutritional Sciences and Food Science and Technology, and concurrent BS/MS in Diet and Exercise, and BS in Food Science/MBA. We offer the largest Dietetic Internship program in the US with over 160 interns per year managed through online learning. FSHN values student-centered learning and supports and develops high quality educators. Professional development is encouraged and supported.
To be considered, candidates are required to be a Registered Dietitian with clinical experience and a master's degree in nutrition, public health or related discipline. Candidates with experience as a dietetics educator or a PhD are preferred. This is a 5 year term-appointment with possible renewal.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled, however, applications received by February 15, 2015 and will be given full consideration. Potential candidates are encouraged to contact the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Ruth MacDonald (515-294-5991, email@example.com. See our website (http://www.fshn.hs.iastate.edu/) for more information. Only online applications will be considered.
To apply, go to https://www.iastatejobs.com, vacancy ID 400093 to attach the following:
1) a letter of application, a complete curriculum vita;
2) a statement of teaching philosophy and interests; and
3) the names and complete contact information for three references.
Iowa State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to Robinette Kelley, Director, Office of Equal Opportunity, Title IX /ADA Coordinator, and Affirmative Action Officer, 3350 Beardshear Hall, Ames, Iowa 50011, Tel. 515 294-7612, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contracted Consultant RD
Clinton and Dubuque IA. Duties will include weekly consults to perform MDS, Nutrition Assessment, Care planning and managing high risk residents for a skilled long term care facility. Additional duties include meal observation, kitchen inspection, and acting as resource for Dining Manager. Approximately one day a week in each home.
Iowa Licensure and prefer 2 years of LTC experience with working knowledge of the State and Federal regulations.
Please send comments, suggestions, or questions to: IDA Webmaster